Wednesday 25 September 2013

My hand at poetry

These are a few poems (/ramblings) I penned during college. 



                                                     IN YOU 


In you i find... 
A million reasons to smile everyday, 
A sense of purpose every morning; 
The willingness to grow weak 
And the grace to endure pain. 

 In you i find... 
The courage to shed all my masks 
And reveal in stark reality, the real me... 
The faith to believe in the creator 
And in all the good things to come.
The beauty of life, 
In all its splendid colors. 
In you I find.. 
The very meaning of existence!




                                                  SMILE!


 You smile...
 Like there is nothing wrong,
 Like there is no pain in my eyes,
 Like it doesn't matter that i waited for so long,
Like you know better and are wise.
Like there is no tint of guilt, 
In every cautious move you make. 
Like you particularly savor, 
The blank stare of pain on my face.




Yet you smile, 
When you ask me how i have been. 
Knowing only too well that i have lost all meaning of being. 
That my soul is bent and hurt beyond repair 
That the misery is too much to bear, 
That i can never recover the life i lost in you, 
The moments, the memories, those sweet nothings. 

 How could you? I choose not to ask.
 Because knowing will not help.
 It will not end my insomnic darkness. 
It will not ease the pain
 It will not erase your portrait
 From the tablet of my heart.


 I am not willing to let go, 
Yet i am unable to hold on.
 A smile is such a beautiful thing, 
But why does yours only sting? 
But i promise you this, 
 When i erase that last etch of your memory, 
Maybe i could show you some courtesy, 
And return that smile, that you so seem to flaunt. 




                               
  

HATE IT OR LOVE IT, WINTER'S HERE

I sat there looking out the window, 
Looking at flakes of snow, at their finest, falling, 
At the wicked wind howling and parading,
 At the rage of the Gods vehemently descending. 

At the naked trees, at the empty streets. 
 Hate it or love it, winter's here.. 
And with it, the soul saddening fear 
Of the flails and the falls,
 Of the brooding within four walls. 
Of the grey mornings, of the blue moods. 

 But its a beauty to behold, the tiny snow flake, 
The white carpet and the frozen lake.
 And what is winter but a season of holidays,
 A season of hope, of joy and endurance. 
So, hate it or love it, winter's here, 
Whatever you make of it, make the best out of it.








                         HURT YOU! 


  I will not hurt you, 
 I know you have suffered at innumerable hands, 
You have faced neglect and disrespect, 
You have been scorned at and spurned, 
You have had to run wild at the sight of those motored monstrosities, 
You were blamed every time someone lost their kitten..

 I will not hurt you, 
My four legged friend, 
If not for my fear of your long sharp canines 
That give me these wobbly legs, 
And the fear to overcome my courageous resolve, 
I will not have to pick that lone piece of stone, 
And, I will not have to hurt you.



No comments:

Post a Comment